OT: DNS Settings

Brian

Help!

I signed up with a new host who supports ASP.NET and I am having a world of
difficulty getting my DNS settings right to view my site.

my site is www.brianwolters.com

The domain is registered and held by Network Solutions. I've emailed both
them and my new host for help and I get vague help at best.

My webmail site comes up just fine but my main site does nothing. What do I
need to do?

When I do a whois, I get this:
N1.BRIANWOLTERS.COM
N2.BRIANWOLTERS.COM

My host basically said it is still pointed at the OLD name server but I
honestly can't get any help from them or network solutions.

Suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Brian,

You should just need to contact your host, get your new DNS Settings then
log into your Network Solutions account and change your DNS Settings to the
new value. DNS Settings can take up to 72 hours to propagate through the
web. So you may just need to wait a little bit. If you try surfing from
other ISPs for example go to the library you may find that your site is
viewable there but not from your work. If it has been over 72 hours contact
your host and talk to them to make sure you have your settings right. Also
make sure your domain isn't "locked" by Network Solutions, if it is you
would need to unlock it. Ken.

Juan T. Llibre

You might get a quicker answer at

microsoft.public.windows.server.dns
or at
microsoft.public.win2000.dns
or at
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis

I suggest you post your DNS question to one
of the DNS newsgroups or to the IIS newsgroup.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP