    zip this old Cutlass has?

    Thanks for any advice.

    ~Kenny

    Ken McD, Dec 10, 2008

  2. Ken McD

    viza Guest

    Hi

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:17:36 +0000, Ken McD wrote:

    > I'm replacing my 1971 Cutlass Supreme which has a 350 cubic inch V-8. It
    > has terrific pick-up! When they talk about "liters" in the new cars, how
    > many liters correspond to my 350 V-8?

    Google can convert units for you:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=350 cubic inches in litres

    The answer is about five and three quarters.

    Welcome to the the twentieth century!

    HTH
    viza

    viza, Dec 11, 2008

  3. On 10 Dec 2008 at 20:17, Ken McD wrote:
    > I'm replacing my 1971 Cutlass Supreme which has a 350 cubic inch V-8.
    > It has terrific pick-up! When they talk about "liters" in the new
    > cars, how many liters correspond to my 350 V-8? What kind of new car
    > would have the zip this old Cutlass has?

    Holy crap! How many miles have you managed to put on that heap these
    past 35 years?!

    The liter is a European measure of engine size that somehow managed to
    filter through into US common parlance. Quick calculation suggests your
    engine is a 5.7 liter monster! They don't make engines like that for
    midsize cars any more! Probably something to do with the oil price
    crisis that was brewing at about the time your car was rolling off an
    Oldsmobile production line.

    Anyway, my brother-in-law has got a 2007 Toyota Camry (3.5 liter V6
    engine). It's really lively and gets pretty good gas mileage - I think
    you'd like it. Or the obvious choices (assuming you want another
    midsize) are a Ford Taurus or a Honda Accord.

    Antoninus Twink, Dec 11, 2008
  4. Ken McD wrote:

    > This may be slightly "OT",

    Completely and irredeemably off-topic, as even the semiliterate would know.

    But, taking the chance of encourage OT newsgroup pollution, here's the
    answer anyway:

    $ units -v '350 in^3' 'litre'
    350 in^3 = 5.7354724 litre
    350 in^3 = (1 / 0.17435355) litre

    Martin Ambuhl, Dec 11, 2008
  5. Martin Ambuhl <> writes:
    > Ken McD wrote:
    >
    >> This may be slightly "OT",

    > Completely and irredeemably off-topic, as even the semiliterate would know.

    As Ken McD certainly knows. You have been trolled.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Dec 11, 2008