    you found effective for dealing with it?

    Hmmm... Perhaps a Perl-based alarm clock is in order. That might make
    this thread on topic.

    Dave, Jul 5, 2005

  2. In article <>, Dave <>
    wrote:

    > <frustrated>
    >
    > Sorry, this mostly doesn't belong here, but I just became very
    > frustrated when I looked at the clock and noticed yet again that hours
    > had passed in what seemed like minutes!

    Its known around here as "hacker trance".

    I'm usually at my most productive when I can get into that state...

    big
    --
    On my tombstone they will carve, "IT NEVER GOT FAST
    ENOUGH FOR ME."' - Hunter S Thompson, 1937-2005 RIP

    Iain Chalmers, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Dave

    Joe Smith Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > Hmmm... Perhaps a Perl-based alarm clock is in order. That might make
    > this thread on topic.

    It would be handy to have a Perl-Tk application that pops up a
    dialog box every 30 minutes, asking "Whatcha doin?". The one-line
    answer, appended to a log file with timestamp, would be very useful
    creating the end-of-the-week summary of work.
    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Jul 5, 2005