    though 1 is another acceptable choice.

    Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Jan 5, 2009

  2. Keith Thompson

    Richard Guest

    Keith Thompson <> writes:

    > I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
    > you can easily determine their purpose.
    >
    > I prefer the following naming scheme:
    >
    > newsgroup-version#
    >
    > For example,
    >
    > comp.lang.c-4
    >
    > That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
    > version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
    > though 1 is another acceptable choice.
    >
    > Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

    While forging Keith, you forgot something along the lines of

    "And I can not stress this enough People".

    But, a jokes a joke and can go to far ....

    --
    I'm not a person who particularly had heros when growing up.
    - Dennis Ritchie when asked about the hero worship coming from c.l.c

    Richard, Jan 5, 2009

  3. Keith Thompson

    CBFalconer Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:

    > I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
    > you can easily determine their purpose.
    >
    > I prefer the following naming scheme:
    >
    > newsgroup-version#
    >
    > For example,
    >
    > comp.lang.c-4
    >
    > That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
    > version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
    > though 1 is another acceptable choice.
    >
    > Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

    This is another originator-name forgery. At least so far Han is
    limiting them to fairly reasonable messages.

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Jan 6, 2009