OT: Killfile nomenclature

Keith Thompson

I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
you can easily determine their purpose.

I prefer the following naming scheme:

newsgroup-version#

For example,

comp.lang.c-4

That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
though 1 is another acceptable choice.

Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

Richard

Keith Thompson said:
I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
you can easily determine their purpose.

I prefer the following naming scheme:

newsgroup-version#

For example,

comp.lang.c-4

That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
though 1 is another acceptable choice.

Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

While forging Keith, you forgot something along the lines of

"And I can not stress this enough People".

But, a jokes a joke and can go to far ....

CBFalconer

Keith said:
I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
you can easily determine their purpose.

I prefer the following naming scheme:

newsgroup-version#

For example,

comp.lang.c-4

That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
though 1 is another acceptable choice.

Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

This is another originator-name forgery. At least so far Han is
limiting them to fairly reasonable messages.