    compile the image, but have not found anything to block out the
    Header/Footer and Margins.

    Any help and/or samples would be greatly appreciated
    Kyle, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Kyle

    samspade Guest

    > I need to take text from a database, turn it into a barcode from the
    > Web and print to a Zebra Z4M barcode printer. I am stuck at two
    > separate approaches.

    > 1. Use ZPL II (Zebra's proprietary language to command the printer)
    > which is executed at a DOS Prompt with "COPY BarCode.txt LPT1" Is
    > there any way to run that from the web. Also, is there any other
    > method of sending the information in the text file to the printer?

    > 2. Use some sort of ActiveX object to compile a barcode label image,
    > then use another ActiveX object to remove the Header/Footer and
    > Margins from the IE printout. I have found ActiveX objects that can
    > compile the image, but have not found anything to block out the
    > Header/Footer and Margins.

    > Any help and/or samples would be greatly appreciated

    What about a signed applet ? I don't know, but you might be able to execute
    a dos command via that.
    samspade, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Kyle

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 20 Aug 2003 09:48:10 -0700, (Kyle) wrote:

    >I need to take text from a database, turn it into a barcode from the
    >Web and print to a Zebra Z4M barcode printer. I am stuck at two
    >separate approaches.

    No idea where the cross post comes from , or the relevance to the
    groups, but why not just use a barcode font, and print it...

    If the users may not have a barcode font, use something like SVG which
    allows you to embed fonts.

    Jim.
    Jim Ley, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Kyle

    MontereySoft Guest

    The easiest way is to use embed font technology and embed a barcode
    font in your web page. Here is the details:

    http://support.morovia.com/support/fontware/how_to_embed_font_web_email.asp

    Best regards,
    Tom

    MontereySoft, Aug 21, 2003