page cache at client/server - asp.net

sri_san

Hello,
I am stuck with an issue and would appreciate if anyone can help
me out with the same. I have a few aspx(input) pages where the user
enters the selection criteria for generating reports in the next
page(activeviewer.aspx-rpt assembly plugin by datadynamics). The way
the application is designed is - all the processing is done on the
input page and the output is dumped in a session variable and later
pulled in the activeviewer.aspx page for display. Not sure if thats a
good practice. Neverthless, my problem is when the user is directed to
the activeviewer.aspx page, I cant find a way to go back to the input
page with all the selections preserved. Was trying to enable caching
at the client machine but seems like datadynamics had disabled client
cache by hard coding "no cache pragma " in their assemblies. As a
result, javascript history.back doesnt work!
Does page level caching work in this scenario ? Enabled output
caching at page leve but doesnt seem to do any good.

Any other suggestions to solve the issue would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Sam.