Page Caching - Warning: Page has Expired

Fernando Chilvarguer

HI,

I have a page that users use to search for other users on my web site.

Very simple page:

- 3 input Parameters (TextBoxes)
- 1 DataGrid with the search results.

All works fine.
When the user clicks on one of the records in the datagrid, it takes him to
the detail page.
On the detail page, when the user clicks the browser back button, he gets:
Warning: Page has Expired

I added the @ Output Cache directive but it did not work.

<%@ OutputCache Duration="60"
VaryByParam="FirstNameTextBox,LastNameTextBox,CityTextBox" %>

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Fernando

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

this is the obvious way HTTP POST works. The POST method checks when the
data in the form is changed, so clicking back will cause a page refresh.

However, as you have to move between 2 pages only, you can use the
SmartNavigation feature to keep the last page viewed in history. Set it to
true, and it will work.

Regards
Joyjit