Page Expire

brian

I have a aspx page that takes a number as an input
paramater and searches a directory. The page list the
files found in a directory. I recently added a data
adapter to search our database to display other
information in a datagrid. Now if a hypertext file link
is clicked it will still take me to the file but if you
click the back button I get a

"Warning: Page has expired The page you requested was
created using information you submitted in a form. This
page is no longer available. As a security precaution,
Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
information for you."

I never received this message before I added the
datagrid. Is there a way to bypass this message and
return me to the previous page? Below is my DataAdapter
function:

Private Sub FillAdapter(ByVal Adapter As String)
Dim cnn As String = "user id=sa;
password=;database=LBRSPECData; server=10.10.10.42"
Dim strSQL As String = "select to_ordnum from
ddtord " _
& "where to_linkto = (select to_linkto from
DDTORD WHERE to_ordnum = " & Adapter & " AND to_linkto <>
0) " _
& "And to_ordnum <> " & Adapter _
& " or to_ordnum = (select to_linkto from
DDTORD WHERE to_ordnum = " & Adapter & ")" _
& " or to_linkto = " & Adapter
Dim MyAdapter As New SqlDataAdapter(strSQL, cnn)
Dim ds As New DataSet()

MyAdapter.Fill(ds, "DDTORD")
DataGrid.DataSource = ds
DataGrid.DataBind()

End Sub

Thanks

Alvin Bruney

Did you muck with page caching settings in IIS or in the config file? Do you
remember turning off anything to do with client or server side settings
related to viewstate or session?