page loading slow

Guest

Hi,

In my page there is 4 dropdown list boxes.when page loading that time i am

is it other way fill up the dropdown list array items?

can i make the array itesm into xml file and bind the dropdown list? is it
possible?

thanks
bala

Scott Allen

Bala:

3000 items might take some time just to get over the network. You might look
at turning off ViewState for the control as this might cut the size of the
page in half.

MattC

Bala,

What datasource are you using? Is it an ArrayList, if so look at the
obejcts and see if they bigger than they need to be.

MattC

Alan Silver

3000 items might take some time just to get over the network. You might
look at turning off ViewState for the control as this might cut the
size of the page in half.

More to the point, is anyone ever going to look through 3000 items, even
split over four controls? That's way too much.

Consider sending less info to the page. That much info is no good for
the end user.