Page namespaces in .NET 2.0

Michael Carr

I am working on a web application project that I migrated from .NET 1.1. In
this application, I sometimes expose static constant strings from my
inherited page class that hold, for example, some human readable text that I
want to display in a second page that will display the text and allow the
user to link to the first one. In .NET 2.0, it seems that I cannot use this
technique because other pages do not appear within my namespace any more...
so far, only classes I create in App_Data seem to be accessible from within
my page codebehind. Is this the case--that I can no longer access a page
class from within another page class? Also, this also seems to be the case
with User Controls... how useful are User Controls if I cannot access the
class from the page class that contains them?

Not quite getting it,
Michael Carr

Michael Carr

I just discovered the @Reference directive and it seems to be helping...
except circular reference problems are going to drive me nuts now. So
@Reference is a basically a return to old-fashioned include files with their
all their circular reference problems, eh? Looks like I'm going to be up
late tonight...

Michael Carr