Page Panels

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Morris Neuman, Feb 17, 2009.

  1. Hi,
    I have a page that has several panels. The user can click on buttons
    provided in each step, and depending on the button click, one of the panels
    would be set to visible and the others set to visible = false.

    One of the panels (Panel5) has textboxes and dropdownlists . These fields
    show the default values which the user can update. Once these fields are
    updated, and the user clicks the button for the next step, the Panel5 is set
    to visible=false, and the next panel (Panel6) is displayed. In one of the
    next steps (part of Panel7), the fields in Panel5 are required to be used.
    Since the fields required in Panel 7 are in Panel5 which is set to invisible,
    I cannot access them in Panel7 even with a findcontrol command.

    How can I refence the values of the fields set in Panel 5 in a process click
    initiated in Panel7? I did a test with 1 field setting a input type hidden
    field to the clientid of the required field and it works. Unfortunately I
    need to reference many fields. Do I have to create a input type hidden for
    each field and assign them the clientid of each of the required fields or is
    there a better/easier way?

    Your help and suggestions would be much appreciated.
    --
    Thanks
    Morris
    Morris Neuman, Feb 17, 2009

  2. Hi Morris,

    From your description I think you can use Wizard control to do this task.
    It's easier to use than implementing your own logic with several Panels.

    Could you try it first to see if it's what you need?

    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/wizard.
    aspx

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Feb 17, 2009

  3. Thanks. I believe this will help. I will try it in the next few days. If I
    have any questions I will post as new topic.
    --
    Thanks for your help.
    Morris

    Morris Neuman, Feb 18, 2009
  4. You're welcome Morris. Please feel free to post a new topic if you have any
    question about Wizard control.

    Thank you for using our Newsgroup Support Service!

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    .