Page.ParseControl and Eval

AlanJSmith

Hi All,

I am using ParseControl to load a formview contol from a string, some of the
child controls are bound using Eval but these fail as Eval seems to have
already been called within the parse leaving the databind expression blank
causing an error to be raised on bind.

If i use Bind instead of Eval i get the page back bound properly but of
course i cant update the readonly fields so it fails on update.

I have been searching for several hours now and have found some articles
that show the same prob but no workarounds other than using loadcontrol
which does work but you have to use a static ascx.

can any one help please.

Regards Alan Smith

Chris

AlanJSmith said:
Hi All,

I am using ParseControl to load a formview contol from a string, some of
the child controls are bound using Eval but these fail as Eval seems to
have already been called within the parse leaving the databind expression
blank causing an error to be raised on bind.

If i use Bind instead of Eval i get the page back bound properly but of
course i cant update the readonly fields so it fails on update.

I have been searching for several hours now and have found some articles
that show the same prob but no workarounds other than using loadcontrol
which does work but you have to use a static ascx.

can any one help please.

Regards Alan Smith

Alan,

I have the same problem as you. Have you managed to resolve this or have you
found any further workarounds?

Kind regards,

Chris