page to open itself without all the chrome

Discussion in 'HTML' started by net, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. net

    net Guest

    I know how to make a page open itself at a certain size and location - I
    use:

    <head><script language="Javascript">
    window.resizeTo(370,220);
    window.moveTo(10,10);
    </script>
    </head>
    page content here</body>

    Problem is, this page opens with
    toolbar,location,directories,status,menubar,scrollbars etc, which I don't
    want. Is there a script that will make this same page open without
    the toolbar,location,directories...etc.
    Please note: this page isn't going on the internet, it's for personal use so
    no-one's going to be pissed off with having their browser altered. I want to
    have a html page on my hard drive, with a shortcut to it on the desktop.
    What I would like is that when I double click the shortcut the page opens,
    (at the right location and size) but without the toolbar and all the other
    bumf. Is this possible?
    net, Nov 28, 2003

  2. net wrote:
    > I know how to make a page open itself at a certain size and location - I
    > use:

    <snip>
    > Problem is, this page opens with
    > toolbar,location,directories,status,menubar,scrollbars etc, which I don't
    > want. Is there a script that will make this same page open without
    > the toolbar,location,directories...etc.
    > Please note: this page isn't going on the internet, it's for personal use so
    > no-one's going to be pissed off with having their browser altered. I want to
    > have a html page on my hard drive, with a shortcut to it on the desktop.
    > What I would like is that when I double click the shortcut the page opens,
    > (at the right location and size) but without the toolbar and all the other
    > bumf. Is this possible?

    If it's just for your personal use and you use Windows and IE, you may
    want to create an HTML Application. See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/hta/overview/htaoverview.asp
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 29, 2003

  3. net

    -Art- Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:08:31 GMT, Leif K-Brooks
    <> wrote:

    >net wrote:
    >> I know how to make a page open itself at a certain size and location - I
    >> use:

    ><snip>
    >> Problem is, this page opens with
    >> toolbar,location,directories,status,menubar,scrollbars etc, which I don't
    >> want. Is there a script that will make this same page open without
    >> the toolbar,location,directories...etc.
    >> Please note: this page isn't going on the internet, it's for personal use so
    >> no-one's going to be pissed off with having their browser altered. I want to
    >> have a html page on my hard drive, with a shortcut to it on the desktop.
    >> What I would like is that when I double click the shortcut the page opens,
    >> (at the right location and size) but without the toolbar and all the other
    >> bumf. Is this possible?

    >If it's just for your personal use and you use Windows and IE, you may
    >want to create an HTML Application. See
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/hta/overview/htaoverview.asp

    go here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/chromeless.htm

    -Art-