    How should I use Page_init and Page_load with making ASP.NET Apps?

    Thanks,

    Jack
    jack, Jul 31, 2004

  2. John Saunders, Jul 31, 2004

  3. jack

    jack Guest

    Hello,

    How should I use the two/what type of code should go in each?

    Thanks,

    Jack

    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/htm

    jack, Jul 31, 2004
  4. In your Page_Load, everything relating to the Controls should be ready.
    So you can start writing your code in the Page_Load Event to Get and
    display the Actual Form whether from a Database or otherwise. After this
    the Postback event for the control will be Fired. So you might think
    about how the code here might affect those events. Assuming that you
    have a dynamically loaded control, then you would have to create that in
    the Page_Init event to continue to use it here and later on.

    Regards,

    Trevor Benedict R
    MCSD

    Trevor Benedict R, Jul 31, 2004
  5. "jack" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > How should I use the two/what type of code should go in each?

    Jack,

    Are you using Visual Studio.NET?

    In either case, I suggest that you should ignore the Init event completely.
    A time may come when it no longer works for you to ignore it. That will be
    the time to use it. Until then, you probably want to use the Load event.

    John Saunders, Aug 1, 2004