PageFormat

Discussion in 'Java' started by freesoft_2000, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I am trying to print something but i need to ask
    something really so bare with me a little while

    You know that for printing something using the java
    printable interface you would have to overide this method

    public int print(Graphics graphics, PageFormat pageFormat, int pageIndex)

    {
    //all other codings
    }

    Now if i wanted to print something in a certain
    format, i would this

    public int print(Graphics graphics, PageFormat pageFormat, int pageIndex)

    {

    if(pageFormat.getOrientation() == pageFormat.PORTRAIT)
    {
    //some codings
    }

    else
    {
    //for the calculation of pageFormat.LANDSCAPE and
    //pageFormat.REVERSE_LANDSCAPE

    //some codings
    }

    //all other codings
    }

    Now here is problem, how to i know if the user has
    selected
    OrientationRequested.REVERSE_PORTRAIT - (please note that this variable is
    from the JAVA javax.print.attribute.standard.OrientationRequested and the
    class that uses it is the PrintRequestAttribute from the JAVA Print
    Service.

    As you guys can see that from the page format api, it
    does not have the variable REVERSE_PORTRAIT, so how do i test for it when
    the printable interface method that is to be overridded only calculates
    using the PageFormat class and not the print Attribute

    I hope you guys are not confused by my question and am
    open to any suggestions

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

    Thank You

    Yours Sincerely

    Richard West

    freesoft_2000, Jul 1, 2005