PageIndexChanged Intermittently not working??

Rubble

Ive been having some weird issues with the microsoft grid control and
its paging feature.

Overview: I have a webform that loads a custom user control. This
user control has several datagrids on it, but I only bind one from the
calling webform based on user selections.

Behavior: Once the grid displays I can go from page 1 to page 2
without any problem. I can also do the same from 2 to 3, 3 to
4...etc. I can also go from 4 to 3 or 3 to 2. Any time I try to go
back to page 1 however, it shows the same records from the previous
page and then shows the remaing records on page 1 if that lists is
longer. So if I have 4 records on page 2 and 6 records on page 1, the
grid will show six records consisting of 4 from page 2 and the last 2
records being correct records for page 1.

Issue: I step throught the code whenever I click on a page. Each
time I choose page, the PageIndexChanged event runs...except when I
select Page 1. Then it just skips the event all together.

How can this happen? Im really confused on this and could use some
advice.

Thanks!
x B. Rubble x

Rubble

Unfortunately, I havent figured this out. It really appears to be a
bug, but I cant verify.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
x B. Rubble x

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Please post the original question and i would be happy to take a look