Paging in ASP BEST APPROACH

Navin

HI,
Guys
There has been a lot of Ways to use paging in asp

1>Recordset approach -where whole records are pulled at client side...
and then only the records which are needed are filtered..
and now that is not the approach good as we are pulling unnesscary all
the 10,000 say for dispalying 100 records...if pagesize is 100

2>i have seen is the Stored procedure approach where data is inserted
in temp table and then only the records needed are pulled out...
now again the approcah is not feasbile as if the data in the table is
huge
then inserting in temp table is going to bring Troubles...

so both the approcaches are bottlenecks...
so brillant guys..... which the best approcah to implement paging in
asp...
i have seen google paging seems to be runing very fast?

so tell me which the best approcah to implement paging in asp

regds,
Navin Mahindroo