panic: double allocation failure

Beast

I have an application that runs on AIX 4.3.3 ML10. It uses the IBM
1.2.2 JRE. Occassionally, the JVM crashes with the "panic: double
allocation failure" error. This appears to be a memory error.

Does anyone have any idea what this problem is or how to fix it?

xarax

Beast said:
I have an application that runs on AIX 4.3.3 ML10. It uses the IBM
1.2.2 JRE. Occassionally, the JVM crashes with the "panic: double
allocation failure" error. This appears to be a memory error.

Does anyone have any idea what this problem is or how to fix it?

JRE 1.2.2 is way obsolete. Find a much more recent JRE.

Chris Smith

Beast said:
I have an application that runs on AIX 4.3.3 ML10. It uses the IBM
1.2.2 JRE. Occassionally, the JVM crashes with the "panic: double
allocation failure" error. This appears to be a memory error.

This indicates a bug within the JRE implementation. The solution is to
ask IBM about updates or patches for the JRE on that platform.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation