Paragraph spacing

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MW de Jager, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. MW de Jager

    MW de Jager Guest

    Hi all

    I'm not an HTML programmer so please excuse my ignorance.

    I am trying to force text to display on the next line, but I do not want an
    emply line between lines of text.

    Option1
    Option2
    Option3 etc. with no blank lines inbetween.

    What am I doing wrong if it displays as below

    Option1

    Option2

    Option3

    Thanking you all in advance

    Regards
    MW de Jager

    MW de Jager, Jul 6, 2005

  2. "MW de Jager" <> wrote:

    > I'm not an HTML programmer

    Nobody is.

    > so please excuse my ignorance.

    Ignorance is curable.

    > I am trying to force

    You cannot force in HTML, really.

    > text to display on the next line,

    That can be "forced", in a sense, by using <br>. Of course, it does not
    really force. How could you force next line when your document is in
    fact rendered as speech, not as visible characters?

    > but I do not
    > want an emply line between lines of text.

    Huh?

    > Option1
    > Option2
    > Option3 etc. with no blank lines inbetween.

    Option1<br>
    Option2<br>
    Option3

    or perhaps better

    > begin 666 New.html

    Please don't. We use plain text here.

    > <P>Option1</P>
    > <P>Option2</P>
    > <P>Option3</P>

    Are they paragraphs? If they are, use that markup, and worry about
    rendering later. (It's easy to fix it in CSS.) If not, use other
    markup. We cannot really guess what it should be, unless we know the
    real content and context. Maybe they are actually items in a list?

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 6, 2005