Paragraph to the right of a table?

Martin

I have a page with a small table centered in it (align='center'). I
would like to have a paragraph located just to the right of the table.
Can someone tell me how to specify the location of the paragraph?

Jukka K. Korpela

Mark Parnell said:
Deprecated. Use CSS. margin: 0 auto;

Which has essentially more limited browser support, but maybe it doesn't
matter.
float: right;

And set a width for the paragraph, e.g. width: 13em. But test the
situation. Floats often misbehave when horizontal space is tight, so the
page should be tested in a fairly narrow browser window too.

Spartanicus

Martin said:
I have a page with a small table centered in it (align='center'). I
would like to have a paragraph located just to the right of the table.
Can someone tell me how to specify the location of the paragraph?

If by "just to the right side of the table" you mean that the paragraph
content's left edge should be adjacent to the table's right edge, then
this is not reliably possible.

It could only work if the table is a fixed width, you'd then have to
create a 3 column layout, size the middle column the same as the table
width, let the left and right column take up the remaining space, and
place the paragraph in the right column.

Martin

If by "just to the right side of the table" you mean that the paragraph
content's left edge should be adjacent to the table's right edge, then
this is not reliably possible.

It could only work if the table is a fixed width, you'd then have to
create a 3 column layout, size the middle column the same as the table
width, let the left and right column take up the remaining space, and
place the paragraph in the right column.

Excellent - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.