    I have a page with a small table centered in it (align='center'). I
    would like to have a paragraph located just to the right of the table.
    Can someone tell me how to specify the location of the paragraph?
    Martin, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Martin

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:03:42 -0700, Martin <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > I have a page with a small table centered in it (align='center').

    Deprecated. Use CSS. margin: 0 auto;

    > would like to have a paragraph located just to the right of the table.

    float: right;

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Sep 6, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:03:42 -0700, Martin <>
    > declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> I have a page with a small table centered in it (align='center').

    > Deprecated. Use CSS. margin: 0 auto;

    Which has essentially more limited browser support, but maybe it doesn't
    matter.

    >> I would like to have a paragraph located just to the right of the
    >> table.

    > float: right;

    And set a width for the paragraph, e.g. width: 13em. But test the
    situation. Floats often misbehave when horizontal space is tight, so the
    page should be tested in a fairly narrow browser window too.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 6, 2004
  4. Martin

    Spartanicus Guest

    Martin <> wrote:

    >I have a page with a small table centered in it (align='center'). I
    >would like to have a paragraph located just to the right of the table.
    >Can someone tell me how to specify the location of the paragraph?

    If by "just to the right side of the table" you mean that the paragraph
    content's left edge should be adjacent to the table's right edge, then
    this is not reliably possible.

    It could only work if the table is a fixed width, you'd then have to
    create a 3 column layout, size the middle column the same as the table
    width, let the left and right column take up the remaining space, and
    place the paragraph in the right column.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Martin

    Martin Guest

    On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:04:01 +0100, Spartanicus <>
    wrote:

    >Martin <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a page with a small table centered in it (align='center'). I
    >>would like to have a paragraph located just to the right of the table.
    >>Can someone tell me how to specify the location of the paragraph?

    >If by "just to the right side of the table" you mean that the paragraph
    >content's left edge should be adjacent to the table's right edge, then
    >this is not reliably possible.
    >
    >It could only work if the table is a fixed width, you'd then have to
    >create a 3 column layout, size the middle column the same as the table
    >width, let the left and right column take up the remaining space, and
    >place the paragraph in the right column.

    Excellent - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
    Martin, Sep 6, 2004