    stuff. I'm sure this must be easy, but I've been scratching my head and
    trying all sorts of increasingly desperate and bizarre code all afternoon.
    Someone please enlighten me.

    Will Roberts, May 7, 2004

  2. "Will Roberts" <> wrote:

    > I want to load a link in another frame (easy peasy), but now I want to
    > pass a parameter

    You need more fiber. Maybe that's what they mean by "Fiber Optics" ...

    =)

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, May 8, 2004

  3. Will Roberts

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <c7g90r$npb$>,
    says...
    > I want to load a link in another frame (easy peasy), but now I want to pass
    > a parameter as part so that the html or php file can display the right
    > stuff. I'm sure this must be easy, but I've been scratching my head and
    > trying all sorts of increasingly desperate and bizarre code all afternoon.
    > Someone please enlighten me.

    And you can't pass the parameter in the URL? (or in the form)
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, May 8, 2004
  4. Will Roberts

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Will Roberts"
    <> writing in

    > I want to load a link in another frame (easy peasy), but now I want to
    > pass a parameter as part so that the html or php file can display the
    > right stuff. I'm sure this must be easy, but I've been scratching my
    > head and trying all sorts of increasingly desperate and bizarre code
    > all afternoon. Someone please enlighten me.

    target="main">Some Page</a>

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, May 8, 2004
  5. Will Roberts

    Mitja Guest

    Adrienne <>
    (news:Xns94E2F2CD8AF6Earbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158) wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Will Roberts"
    > <> writing in
    >
    >> I want to load a link in another frame (easy peasy), but now I want
    >> to pass a parameter as part so that the html or php file can display
    >> the right stuff. I'm sure this must be easy, but I've been
    >> scratching my head and trying all sorts of increasingly desperate
    >> and bizarre code all afternoon. Someone please enlighten me.

    > target="main">Some Page</a>

    And for more params:

    Mitja, May 8, 2004
  6. Hi,

    Will posted just a few minutes before I wanted to do it... ;-)

    Adrienne <> schrieb:

    > target="main">Some Page</a>

    I tested this with a tiny page:
    <?php echo "display parameter: " . $abc; ?>

    Result of calling test.php?abc="xy" is only an error msg:
    "Notice: Undefined variable: abc in test.php on line 3"

    Is there a way to define a variable without assigning a value? Maybe
    somewhere in the header?

    Any hint?

    TIA

    Roland

    Roland Messerschmidt, May 8, 2004
  7. Roland Messerschmidt wrote:

    >>target="main">Some Page</a>

    > I tested this with a tiny page:
    > <?php echo "display parameter: " . $abc; ?>

    > Is there a way to define a variable without assigning a value?

    Using PHP, this variable is actually accessed as $_GET['text']
    (substitute text for the appropriate name from the URL).
    --
    Michael Wilcox, http://mikewilcox.t35.com/

    Michael Wilcox, May 8, 2004
  8. Hi,

    Michael Wilcox <> schrieb:

    > Using PHP, this variable is actually accessed as $_GET['text']

    Thank's a lot, now it works as I want!
    On the other hand today I realized, that the ISP hosting the site
    doesn't speak PHP...

    :-( or :), choose yourself!

    Roland

    Roland Messerschmidt, May 10, 2004