    I'm using ASP, VB Script with DMSII Database and OLEDB

    Does anyone have some code examples on how to break this field apart and
    then arrange the data into an html table on a webpage?

    Dan Somdahl, Apr 19, 2007

  2. Dan Somdahl wrote:
    > Hi, I am new to ASP but have what should be a fairly simple task that
    > I can't figure out.
    > I need to parse a string from a single, semi-colon delimited, 60
    > character field (el_text) in a recordset and display the results in a
    > table on a webpage (ASP)
    >
    > I can retrieve the recordset from the database and display the field
    > data results in rows of a table but have the entire 60 character
    > string in one cell. I need to break that string apart and put each
    > semi-colon delimited value in it's own cell. Then move to the next
    > record and do the same thing in the next row of the table. - and so
    > on
    >
    > I'm using ASP, VB Script with DMSII Database and OLEDB
    >
    > Does anyone have some code examples on how to break this field apart
    > and then arrange the data into an html table on a webpage?

    No, I have no example. I would have to write it myself using the Split()
    function to break the string up into segments using ; as the delimeter
    argument. Then I would loop through the resulting array writing the
    string into a new string of html to form the table cells.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 19, 2007