    An ideal case would be a small program based on a parser with YACC
    compatible grammar which extracts the program flow tree.

    Best regards,
    Crooter, Jan 15, 2008

  2. Crooter wrote:
    > Hello colleagues,
    >
    > Could anybody tell me if there are existing open-source solutions to
    > extract the program tree using a program source code? I'm aware that
    > GCC has program flow information and tree respectively for
    > optimization, but I'm looking for something less complicated.
    > An ideal case would be a small program based on a parser with YACC
    > compatible grammar which extracts the program flow tree.

    Not really OT here (guess it'd be topical in comp.unix.programmer), but try
    looking for cflow.

    Bye, Jojo
    Joachim Schmitz, Jan 15, 2008

  3. Crooter

    user923005 Guest

    On Jan 15, 6:26 am, Crooter <> wrote:
    > Hello colleagues,
    >
    > Could anybody tell me if there are existing open-source solutions to
    > extract the program tree using a program source code? I'm aware that
    > GCC has program flow information and tree respectively for
    > optimization, but I'm looking for something less complicated.
    > An ideal case would be a small program based on a parser with YACC
    > compatible grammar which extracts the program flow tree.

    http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&type_of_search=soft&words=flowchart
    FCOL
    user923005, Jan 16, 2008
  4. Crooter

    Crooter Guest

    Thanks a lot, Jojo, it looks like the most suitable solution.

    Joachim Schmitz:

    ....skipped...

    Crooter, Jan 16, 2008
  5. Crooter

    Crooter Guest

    Thank you, the tools you mentioned are quite good for human analysis
    of source code (graphical representation especially), but I was
    looking for something more 'internal' or intermediate. Still the ideas
    in the tools can be interesting.

    To be honest, I'm surprised with the speed you answered. I wish I
    could help anybody so fast. :)

    Crooter, Jan 16, 2008
  6. Crooter

    Default User Guest

    Re: parse C source flow to extract program tree - TPA

    Crooter wrote:

    > Thanks a lot, Jojo, it looks like the most suitable solution.

    newsgroup, or:
    Default User, Jan 16, 2008
  7. Crooter

    CBFalconer Guest

    Crooter wrote: *** and top-posted. Fixed. ***

    .... snip ...

    > Thank you, the tools you mentioned are quite good for human
    > analysis of source code (graphical representation especially),
    > but I was looking for something more 'internal' or intermediate.
    > Still the ideas in the tools can be interesting.
    >
    > To be honest, I'm surprised with the speed you answered. I wish
    > I could help anybody so fast. :)

    irrelevant material. I fixed this one. See the following links:

    CBFalconer, Jan 16, 2008