Parser Error

David R Emerson

I could use some help. It seems a lot of people have problems getting
Parser Errors in their asp.net apps, but my problem is a bit
different:

We have a couple developers working on a project "Intranet", on a
development IIS Server. When I compile a webform it works fine for
several minutes. Then if I navigate to the aspx form say a half-hour
later, I get a parser error as shown below. Apparently this is common
if you forget to compile your project before viewing it, but I'm not
sure what's happening in our case.

Now it's common for two or more developers to be working on the
development server at the same time. Eace working on different pages,
and compiling often, but for all, the compiled pages work fine for a
while, then error out after they've been sitting around for a while.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
David
(e-mail address removed)

------ HERE'S THE ERROR -------

Server Error in '/Intranet' Application.

Parser Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'Intranet.MemberLookup._default'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="Intranet.MemberLookup._default"
enableViewState="False"%>
Line 2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet\memberlookup\default.aspx
Line: 1

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi David,

It seems to be a strange issue.

Currently my suggestions for this issue are the followings:

1. When the error occurs, are some other people trying to rebuild the web
application?

2. After the error occurs, please try to rebuild the web application and
test this issue again.

3. When the error occurs, please check the "Intranet.MemberLookup._default"
assembly. Does it exist? What is its location? Is it different with the
original version (When the web application is OK)?

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

David R Emerson

Jason,

It turns out you nailed it. Here's what was happening: Within the
web project myself and another developer had each created a folder,
and were working on our own aspx content in each. However neither of
us had refreshed the project since creating the files. So each time
I'd build, his files were missing from my vswebcache, and vice versa.
So when I built, his code behind classes weren't included and his
pages would bomb, and when he built my code would bomb for the same
reason.

Thanks for the help!
David