Parser Error

Vincent Vinet

I have built an aspx/vb web application in Visual Studio and it works fine
on localhost. Once I moved it to a different server, I have received this
error:

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'ProjectName.Webform1'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="index.aspx.vb" Inherits="ProjectName.Webform1"%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ProjectName\index.aspx Line: 1

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Now, I have tried several different things to try to solve this problem,
including
-Building and Rebuilding the project countless times
-Clearing /bin directories before rebuilding
-Deleting and ReUploading the project unto the server
-Moving the .dll to different locations
This error is supposed to come from either an uncompiled/not build project
or a missing /bin folder or .dll in that folder, but that is clearly not the
case, since I have made sure the /bin and .dll are present, and my project
is compiled. The Virtual Directory has been made into an application. It
seems that the server cannot find the class even though all the required
files are present. Different applications with similar code are working fine
on the server, yet not this one. Any ideas on how to solve this annoying
problem?

Thanks

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Have you set your folder up as an application in IIS on your remote server?

bill

Vincent Vinet

One way I found to solve this was to create a whole new solution and copy
all my code and files back into that new one... but if anyone else has had
this problem and knows how to solve it without starting a new solution, I
would like to know how it was done. That could be very useful if that
problem comes up again. =)