Parsing information from a forwarded e-mail

Omar Zeid

Is there an easy way to parse out the information in a forwarded e-mail
from Outlook on a MAPI server ABOUT the original message? e.g. The date,
time, and e-mail address of the original sender, not the person who
forwarded it? Also, how does one get the sender's e-mail address out of
a regular email?

Omar Zeid

Paul said:
Not everyone uses Outlook, and there typically are differences between
applications and environments in how e-mail information is formatted, so
please post a sample of the sort of data you need to parse. Someone will
then offer a solution based on that specific format.

As to the second question, the e-mail's header should contain
information
about the sender, although it is important to remember that this header
information can easily be faked.

I'm kind of new to programming in general, so you may have to dumb down
your response a bit. What do you mean by application, environment, and
where would I find out what this information is in my example to even be
able to pull a sample of data to post? Also, what exactly do you mean by
header?