pass data to father window

Guillermo Arias

Hi guys, i have a case for you:

I have an application made for a local library, it have been done with
php+ javascript.
When I click on a button it shows a search window for the authors,
every author has a button, when clicked it passes the code and name of
the author to the father window and closes the search one.

I runs ok in my pc: win xp sp 3, with mozilla firefox and iexplorer.

But in my client's pc the author's data does not pass to the main
window.

And the odd thing is that when i enter to my client's pc via LogMeIn
(remote control software) the application works fine at all.

What can i do in order to solve the problem?

Guillermo Arias
Lima, Perú

Evertjan.

Guillermo Arias wrote on 20 nov 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
I have an application made for a local library, it have been done with
php+ javascript.
When I click on a button it shows a search window for the authors,
every author has a button, when clicked it passes the code and name of
the author to the father window and closes the search one.

I runs ok in my pc: win xp sp 3, with mozilla firefox and iexplorer.

But in my client's pc the author's data does not pass to the main
window.

And the odd thing is that when i enter to my client's pc via LogMeIn
(remote control software) the application works fine at all.

What can i do in order to solve the problem?

Switch of the popup blocker on the other pc?

Seriously, without any code, how would we know?

Better start debugging first.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Guillermo said:
Hi guys, i have a case for you:

Luser support cases are being worked at next door, thank you very much.
I have an application made for a local library, it have been done with
php+ javascript.
When I click on a button it shows a search window for the authors,
every author has a button, when clicked it passes the code and name of
the author to the father window and closes the search one.

I runs ok in my pc: win xp sp 3, with mozilla firefox and iexplorer.

You should be a bit more specific: Which versions of Firefox and of IE?
But in my client's pc the author's data does not pass to the main
window.

In which environment(s) exactly?
And the odd thing is that when i enter to my client's pc via LogMeIn
(remote control software) the application works fine at all.

I have never encountered differences in functionality when a LogMeIn session
was active. Chances are that LogMeIn is irrelevant as to the cause of this
problem.
What can i do in order to solve the problem?

You should *analyze it* to begin with. Let your client (the person) perform
the tasks you described while the LogMeIn session is active, so that you can
see what they might be doing wrong or have misunderstood.

If that does not help, find out the differences between your PC and the
client's PC and see if making the conditions more similar helps.

And finally, this is not a guessing game; you will have to post at least
*some* relevant code if you think the problem is in the code (else you
should not have posted here in the first place).

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

PointedEars