    Thanks,Ovidiu

    -----------------------------------
    http://www.DevPlug.com -- Connecting Developers
    rovisoft, Apr 10, 2005

  2. rovisoft wrote:
    > Does anybody know how to pass a popup blocker
    > to let popup windows

    A small subset of pop-up blockers can be defeated by client-side code.
    If they were better written they could not be, so once their authors get
    reports of them failing to block pop-ups you can expect them to be
    updated to the point where they cannot be defeated (it is not that
    difficult). Each that can be defeated would require a slightly different
    approach, so lots of code to download to the client for a currently
    negligible and diminishing return. In short, don't bother trying it is
    a waste of effort. Re-designing so that no new windows are needed is the
    only viable strategy in a public context.

    > and redirects work?

    HTTP redirects should not be influenced by pop-up blocking software.

    Richard.
    Richard Cornford, Apr 10, 2005

  3. rovisoft

    Randy Webb Guest

    rovisoft wrote:

    > Does anybody know how to pass a popup blocker to let popup windows and
    > redirects work?

    You, and every popup porn site on the web, would like an answer to that.
    That answer is quite simple though, you can't. Users install popup
    blockers for a reason - they don't want popups. So you are wanting to
    force something on a user that has explicitly said they don't want it?
    How nice......

    --
    Randy
    Question: Why?
    Randy Webb, Apr 10, 2005
  4. rovisoft

    Eric Guest

    rovisoft wrote:

    > Does anybody know how to pass a popup blocker to let popup windows and
    > redirects work?
    >

    > Thanks,Ovidiu
    >

    > -----------------------------------
    > http://www.DevPlug.com -- Connecting Developers

    Yes, on your server, run a jumper from +12 to ground, be sure to hold it
    there till the smoke clears.
    Eric

    --
    I am Locutus of Borg
    Resistance is futile.
    Eric, Apr 10, 2005
  5. rovisoft

    rovisoft Guest

    I was just curious, i know that they update their rules with new ones
    so it's only a short time solution if you pass by!
    Thanks for your replies, Ovidiu

    http://www.DevPlug.com -- Connecting Developers
    rovisoft, Apr 11, 2005