passing a paramete to a user control

John

I have 2 usercontrols on my web forms, they are both drop downs populated
from my database.
Now, The first drop down is populated once the page loads, and the second
drop down need to be populated based off of the selection of the other drop
down.
so my question is, when I make a selection in drop down 1 (usercontrol) how
can I pass that selected value to my other drop down (again user control) so
I can run my query and populate that based off of the selection?