    I have an ASP page where an user enter a value and click the submit button.
    I want this value to be transfer to a session("temp") within the same page
    where I want to call it back from the same ASP page.

    Arnaldo Martinez, Oct 16, 2003

  2. > I have an ASP page where an user enter a value and click the submit
    button.
    > I want this value to be transfer to a session("temp") within the same

    page
    > where I want to call it back from the same ASP page.

    This doesn't make much sense. So the ASP runs, loads a bunch of client-side
    script, and then it's done. So yes, you can use a workaround to set a
    session variable without actually refreshing the page (see
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2281), but how on earth is that page itself going to
    use the session variable? You can't do that without running some ASP code,
    and you can't run that page's ASP code without the ASP page reloading. So,
    probably the best option is to submit a form, which sets the session
    variable and then the rest of the page can load, using the new session
    variable that's been stored...

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Arnaldo Martinez

    Ray at Guest

    What happened with the sample I posted in active-server-pages Yahoo group?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 16, 2003