Passing a value from a client to a session("Temp")

Arnaldo Martinez

Hi, friends:

I have an ASP page where an user enter a value and click the submit button.
I want this value to be transfer to a session("temp") within the same page
where I want to call it back from the same ASP page.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

I have an ASP page where an user enter a value and click the submit
button.
I want this value to be transfer to a session("temp") within the same page
where I want to call it back from the same ASP page.

This doesn't make much sense. So the ASP runs, loads a bunch of client-side
script, and then it's done. So yes, you can use a workaround to set a
session variable without actually refreshing the page (see
http://www.aspfaq.com/2281), but how on earth is that page itself going to
use the session variable? You can't do that without running some ASP code,
and you can't run that page's ASP code without the ASP page reloading. So,
probably the best option is to submit a form, which sets the session
variable and then the rest of the page can load, using the new session
variable that's been stored...

Ray at

What happened with the sample I posted in active-server-pages Yahoo group?

Ray at work