Passing connection to stored procedure

aadilnw

Hi all,

Is there any way other than DBLINK to connect from one oracle server
to another.
Basically i have to purge data from one oracle server to another i.e.
One server is used as
MAIN database server and another is used for history database and
purging is done
using stored procedures.

I donn't kno how to pass the connection and maintain sessions on
different servers in oracle.
Can i use java stored procedures to call my sql stored procedures and
pass the connection

Thanks,

Aadil

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Is there any way other than DBLINK to connect from one oracle server
to another.
Basically i have to purge data from one oracle server to another i.e.
One server is used as
MAIN database server and another is used for history database and
purging is done
using stored procedures.

I donn't kno how to pass the connection and maintain sessions on
different servers in oracle.
Can i use java stored procedures to call my sql stored procedures and
pass the connection

Database connections are usually not serializable, so I do not
see how you can pass them anywhere.

Arne