passing # in hyperlink field in gridview

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by arkgroup, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. arkgroup

    arkgroup Guest

    I am using VS 2005 and gridview hyperlink field. It point to the same
    page.
    Here is what I have :

    <asp:HyperLinkField
    DataNavigateUrlFields="RefrigeratorName,RefrigeratorType,RefrigeratorID,RefrigeratorTypeID"
    DataNavigateUrlFormatString="MyUnit.aspx?Tab=2&amp;RefrigeratorName={0}&amp;RefrigeratorType={1}&amp;RefrigeratorID={2}&amp;RefrigeratorTypeID={3}"

    Everything works fine, unless I have "#" or "&" characters in
    RefrigeratorName field.
    In case like this RefrigeratorName= "refrig # 3",
    Request.QueryString["RefrigeratorName"].ToString() return only
    "refrig" and all next Request.QueryString return null. I can see
    right text when I move mouse on the link, but request.quesrystring
    returns wrong. T try to change HtmlEncode on this filed, but it did no
    seems tot help

    Any help?

    Thanks
    arkgroup, Jan 4, 2007