Passing special characters from html form to aspx application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by hoenes1, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. hoenes1

    hoenes1 Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a standard html form containing several textboxes. Since this
    is a german application, the boxes are likely to contain special
    characters like ä, ö, ß, etc. The form is passed to the asp.net
    application via action="FormHandler.aspx" method="post". Evaluating
    the values in Request.Form.GetValues(key)[0] yields the content of the
    textboxes omitting the special characters, for example typing
    "Rüdiger" (7 chars) in the form results in "Rdiger" (6 chars) in the
    aspx application. An interesting effect is the following: When I use
    method="get" instead and check Request.Url.ToString(), the correct
    special chars are in the url
    (http://.../FormHandler.aspx?Name=Rüdiger?...). The problem is that I
    have to use method="post". Changing encType to "multipart/form-data"
    or "text/plain" or "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" doesn't change
    the behaviour. Any ideas? I guess this should be possible with
    asp.net.

    Thanks in advance.
    hoenes1, Jun 8, 2005