Passing values between ASP.NET websites

Prefers Golfing

I have two websites, Ping and Pong. I want to pass an object between them
and have not had any luck with either HTTPSession or HTTPContext. Can this
be done? Thanks.

Ping code in button click event

HttpContext.Current.Session.Add("DashboardObject", myObject);

Response.Redirect(http://pong/);

Pong code in Page_Load

MyObject myObject =
(MyObject)HttpContext.Current.Session["DashboardObject"];

if (myObject == null)

{

Response.Redirect("Login.aspx");

}

TextBox1.Text = "Found Items!";

Stan

I have two websites, Ping and Pong. I want to pass an object between them
and have not had any luck with either HTTPSession or HTTPContext. Can this
be done? Thanks.

Ping code in button click event

HttpContext.Current.Session.Add("DashboardObject", myObject);

Response.Redirect(http://pong/);

Pong code in Page_Load

MyObject myObject =
(MyObject)HttpContext.Current.Session["DashboardObject"];

if (myObject == null)

{

Response.Redirect("Login.aspx");

}

TextBox1.Text = "Found Items!";

Hi

I hope I'm not teaching grandma to suck eggs but web services pass
information between web sites using SOAP.

Any help?

Jeff Dillon

Stan said:
I have two websites, Ping and Pong. I want to pass an object between them
and have not had any luck with either HTTPSession or HTTPContext. Can
this
be done? Thanks.

Ping code in button click event

HttpContext.Current.Session.Add("DashboardObject", myObject);

Response.Redirect(http://pong/);

Pong code in Page_Load

MyObject myObject =
(MyObject)HttpContext.Current.Session["DashboardObject"];

if (myObject == null)

{

Response.Redirect("Login.aspx");

}

TextBox1.Text = "Found Items!";

Hi

I hope I'm not teaching grandma to suck eggs but web services pass
information between web sites using SOAP.

Any help?

Just use POST (that is what SOAP uses)