    I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to password
    protect it before anyone can proceed.

    Can anyone help please??
    Janice Ann, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Janice Ann wrote:
    > I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to
    > password protect it before anyone can proceed.

    The answer will be server specific - ask your host/admin for an example.
    Please note that HTML is markup, and as such, cannot actualy 'do' anything.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Janice Ann

    Daan Guest

    Daan, Jan 22, 2004
  4. X-No-Archive: yes
    Janice Ann wrote:

    > I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to
    > password protect it before anyone can proceed.
    >
    > Can anyone help please??

    You cannot secure a website using HTML or JavaScript. You will need to use a
    server-side language such as PHP, CGI, Perl or the like.
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 27, 2004
  5. X-No-Archive: yes
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:

    > Janice Ann wrote:
    >
    >> I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to
    >> password protect it before anyone can proceed.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help please??

    > You cannot secure a website using HTML or JavaScript. You will need
    > to use a server-side language such as PHP, CGI, Perl or the like.

    That said, I excluded some information. You could get a web hoster that
    offers HTTP security.

    www.dancingborg.co.uk/downloads/SG1 is done through my web hoster, not my
    site or database.
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 27, 2004