Pasted data from Microsoft Word

Jon Delano

Hello

I have a web application that uses the FreeTextBox control to allow users to
enter HTML.
What some do is copy and paste from Microsoft Word which of course then adds
a ton of office specific HTML tags.
(I have read the users could use paste special command to tell word not to
copy its office specific stuff to the clip board... but they want a system
level answer not a user level one)

This is fine if you only view the data using a Microsoft product.

However, we have reports written in crystal that have real trouble
displaying this HTML, so I have been given the task to strip out any
non-standard HTML added by Word before it is saved to the database.

I have looked all over the place the last few days and see many filters.
However, I don't find anything that one can run programmatically in a web
application (such as a text parser) to remove these tags.

Does anyone no of any DLL or written function that exists that will strip
out the extra office specific HTML and leave the basic standard HTML ?

The application is in VS 2003 & vb.net.

Thanks for any help
Jon