    small and simple tutorials will be appreciated.

    Thanks for your time .. :)

    , Aug 11, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Has anyone found any free, platform-independent, in-development
    > alternatives to Pathan ? Or if Xalan is "TheOne" any links to some
    > small and simple tutorials will be appreciated.

    I don't know Pathan, is that a Java application/API?
    If you are looking for XSLT/XPath 1.0 support then Saxon 6 is a
    possibility, here is the link to its documentation of the XPath API
    <http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/api-guide.html#Expressions>

    On the other hand with the standard Java 1.5 SDK you get XPath support
    with the package

    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/xpath/package-frame.html>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Aug 11, 2006

    Thanks Martin,
    I'm extremely sorry for not mentioning that I'm interested in C++
    libraries!
    (egad! ppl work with C++ and XML??? - TheWorld)

    So the question goes, any *C++* sanity-preserving Xpath libraries out
    there ? :)

    Martin Honnen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    > > Has anyone found any free, platform-independent, in-development
    > > alternatives to Pathan ? Or if Xalan is "TheOne" any links to some
    > > small and simple tutorials will be appreciated.

    > I don't know Pathan, is that a Java application/API?
    > If you are looking for XSLT/XPath 1.0 support then Saxon 6 is a
    > possibility, here is the link to its documentation of the XPath API
    > <http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/api-guide.html#Expressions>
    >
    > On the other hand with the standard Java 1.5 SDK you get XPath support
    > with the package
    >
    > <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/xpath/package-frame.html>
    >

    > --
    >
    > Martin Honnen
    > http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    , Aug 17, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > So the question goes, any *C++* sanity-preserving Xpath libraries out
    > there ? :)

    I'm not sure of its current status, but doesn't the C++ version of
    Apache Xalan have an XPath API?

    Joseph Kesselman, Aug 17, 2006

    Joseph Kesselman wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > So the question goes, any *C++* sanity-preserving Xpath libraries out
    > > there ? :)

    > I'm not sure of its current status, but doesn't the C++ version of
    > Apache Xalan have an XPath API?
    >
    > --
    > Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden

    Ok thanks to Joseph, i renewed my efforts to make sense of Xalan and am
    happy to have made a nice discovery : The XPathWrapper sample class!
    (And i'm still sane ! or so i think ... )

    [XPathWrapper.hpp]
    http://www.koders.com/c++/fid88070F9440761886846EF4D980C5BBEACD230B02.aspx
    [TestDriver.cpp]
    http://www.koders.com/c++/fid88070F9440761886846EF4D980C5BBEACD230B02.aspx

    For people in a hurry, this class seems to be the perfect fit.
    Strangely, it is not listed in the official samples page!
    (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/samples.html)

    So Xalan it is .. !

    , Aug 18, 2006
  6. Hi,

    writes:

    > So the question goes, any *C++* sanity-preserving Xpath libraries out
    > there ? :)

    Sometimes it is easier to take a C implementation and wrap it yourself.
    libxml2[1] I believe implements Xpath 1.0.

    [1] http://www.xmlsoft.org/

    hth,
    -boris

    --