Patriotism

Discussion in 'C++' started by Robert Baer, Oct 13, 2007.

  1. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Say what???
    Where did this OT comment come from, and why not keep it to yourself
    or post it where it belongs?
     
    Robert Baer, Oct 13, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    Patriotism
    ~v~~

    As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    **** him and the horse he rode in on.

    Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    the internet. Go **** yourself.

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 13, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Robert Baer

    John Larkin Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:02 -0700, Lester Zick
    <> wrote:

    >
    > Patriotism
    > ~v~~
    >
    >As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >**** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >
    >Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >the internet. Go **** yourself.


    Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    about anything else?

    John
     
    John Larkin, Oct 13, 2007
    #3
  4. Kenneth Porter, Oct 13, 2007
    #4
  5. Robert Baer

    John Larkin Guest

    John Larkin, Oct 13, 2007
    #5
  6. John Larkin wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:15:09 -0500, Kenneth Porter
    > <> wrote:
    >> John Larkin <> wrote in
    >> news::
    >>> Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    >>> about anything else?

    >> Please don't feed the trolls.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet/

    >
    > I was just curious as to whether he has any actual skills. Likely not.


    Selection of relevant news groups to post to is obviously not one them !

    Arne
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Oct 13, 2007
    #6
  7. Robert Baer

    Don Bowey Guest

    On 10/13/07 9:14 AM, in article ,
    "Lester Zick" <> wrote:

    >
    > Patriotism
    > ~v~~
    >
    > As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    > commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    > yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    > I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    > **** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >
    > Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    > the internet. Go **** yourself.
    >
    > ~v~~


    Look, jerk, you talked yourself into this mess. Save face by just going
    away.
     
    Don Bowey, Oct 13, 2007
    #7
  8. Robert Baer

    John Fields Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:02 -0700, Lester Zick
    <> wrote:

    >
    > Patriotism
    > ~v~~
    >
    >As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >**** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >
    >Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >the internet. Go **** yourself.


    ---
    Oh, my, what a display of righteous indignation!

    Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much...


    --
    JF
     
    John Fields, Oct 13, 2007
    #8
  9. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:23:09 -0700, Don Bowey <>
    wrote:

    >On 10/13/07 9:14 AM, in article ,
    >"Lester Zick" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Patriotism
    >> ~v~~
    >>
    >> As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >> commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >> yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >> I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >> **** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >>
    >> Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >> the internet. Go **** yourself.
    >>
    >> ~v~~

    >
    >Look, jerk, you talked yourself into this mess. Save face by just going
    >away.


    Well if that's such good advice why don't you take it?

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 14, 2007
    #9
  10. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:26:45 -0700, John Larkin
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:02 -0700, Lester Zick
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Patriotism
    >> ~v~~
    >>
    >>As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >>commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >>yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >>I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >>**** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >>
    >>Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >>the internet. Go **** yourself.

    >
    >Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    >about anything else?


    Well I get along with truth rather famously. Not to mention the
    mechanical reduction of boolean conjunctions. But I think rather more
    to the point is where exactly was you when the rest of these turkeys
    was discussing everything but electronics.? Was you in Iraq playing
    electronic war games on your Play Station 3? Or maybe Afghanistan?
    Cause you certainly wasn't where your mouth is at concurrently.

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 14, 2007
    #10
  11. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:15:09 -0500, Kenneth Porter
    <> wrote:

    >John Larkin <> wrote in
    >news::
    >
    >> Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    >> about anything else?

    >
    >Please don't feed the trolls.


    I shan't.

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 14, 2007
    #11
  12. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:39:01 -0700, John Larkin
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:15:09 -0500, Kenneth Porter
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>John Larkin <> wrote in
    >>news::
    >>
    >>> Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    >>> about anything else?

    >>
    >>Please don't feed the trolls.
    >>
    >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    >>http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet/

    >
    >
    >I was just curious as to whether he has any actual skills. Likely not.


    Likely more truth than yourself but there it is.

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 14, 2007
    #12
  13. Robert Baer

    John Larkin Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:40:34 -0700, Lester Zick
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:26:45 -0700, John Larkin
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:02 -0700, Lester Zick
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Patriotism
    >>> ~v~~
    >>>
    >>>As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >>>commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >>>yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >>>I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >>>**** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >>>
    >>>Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >>>the internet. Go **** yourself.

    >>
    >>Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    >>about anything else?

    >
    >Well I get along with truth rather famously. Not to mention the
    >mechanical reduction of boolean conjunctions. But I think rather more
    >to the point is where exactly was you when the rest of these turkeys
    >was discussing everything but electronics.?


    I was mostly doing electronics, except when I was drinking beer, or
    sitting in the street with the mayor. I think I may have washed a car
    today, too.

    Most of the insult-ritual-cycles are to boring to bother about.

    So, do you know anything about electronics?

    John
     
    John Larkin, Oct 14, 2007
    #13
  14. Robert Baer

    Don Bowey Guest

    On 10/13/07 5:33 PM, in article ,
    "Lester Zick" <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:23:09 -0700, Don Bowey <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 10/13/07 9:14 AM, in article ,
    >> "Lester Zick" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Patriotism
    >>> ~v~~
    >>>
    >>> As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >>> commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >>> yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >>> I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >>> **** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >>> the internet. Go **** yourself.
    >>>
    >>> ~v~~

    >>
    >> Look, jerk, you talked yourself into this mess. Save face by just going
    >> away.

    >
    > Well if that's such good advice why don't you take it?
    >
    > ~v~~


    You must be wearing down...... That was a weak, useless retort.

    If JF had not done such a complete job of pointing out your lack of
    character, I'd have a go at it. Did he mention small minded, mean, and
    spiteful? I don't recall.
     
    Don Bowey, Oct 14, 2007
    #14
  15. Robert Baer

    John Larkin Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:42:34 -0700, Lester Zick
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:39:01 -0700, John Larkin
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:15:09 -0500, Kenneth Porter
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>John Larkin <> wrote in
    >>>news::
    >>>
    >>>> Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    >>>> about anything else?
    >>>
    >>>Please don't feed the trolls.
    >>>
    >>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    >>>http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet/

    >>
    >>
    >>I was just curious as to whether he has any actual skills. Likely not.

    >
    >Likely more truth than yourself but there it is.
    >


    Well, your skills sure don't include English syntax.

    John
     
    John Larkin, Oct 14, 2007
    #15
  16. Lester Sick wrote:
    >
    > Patriotism
    > ~v~~
    >
    > As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    > commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    > yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    > I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    > **** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >
    > Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    > the internet. Go **** yourself.
    >
    > ~v~~



    So, I now have two net stalkers? Go away, child.


    If you want to meet me face to face that's one thing, but you are
    showing your sorry ass to people who don't give a damn whether you live
    or die a slow, lingering death.


    Ot. that's right. You are just another cowardly troll. Did your
    mother have any boys, or just whiny little girls, like you.


    --
    Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to
    prove it.
    Member of DAV #85.

    Michael A. Terrell
    Central Florida
     
    Michael A. Terrell, Oct 14, 2007
    #16
  17. Robert Baer

    John Fields Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:09:18 -0700, Don Bowey <>
    wrote:

    >On 10/13/07 5:33 PM, in article ,
    >"Lester Zick" <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:23:09 -0700, Don Bowey <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10/13/07 9:14 AM, in article ,
    >>> "Lester Zick" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Patriotism
    >>>> ~v~~
    >>>>
    >>>> As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >>>> commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >>>> yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >>>> I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >>>> **** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >>>>
    >>>> Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >>>> the internet. Go **** yourself.
    >>>>
    >>>> ~v~~
    >>>
    >>> Look, jerk, you talked yourself into this mess. Save face by just going
    >>> away.

    >>
    >> Well if that's such good advice why don't you take it?
    >>
    >> ~v~~

    >
    >You must be wearing down...... That was a weak, useless retort.
    >
    >If JF had not done such a complete job of pointing out your lack of
    >character, I'd have a go at it. Did he mention small minded, mean, and
    >spiteful?


    ---
    Not yet. ;)


    --
    JF
     
    John Fields, Oct 14, 2007
    #17
  18. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:19:28 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
    <> wrote:

    >Lester Sick wrote:
    >>
    >> Patriotism
    >> ~v~~
    >>
    >> As far as I'm concerned Lincoln's Gettysburg address is the definitive
    >> commentary on military patriotism and I'll be goddamned if I let some
    >> yokel ride in on his high horse, throw the flag in my face, and demand
    >> I sing along with a hillbilly version of "What my DD214 means to me".
    >> **** him and the horse he rode in on.
    >>
    >> Yeah, yeah, you aren't a wannabe public censor, you just play one on
    >> the internet. Go **** yourself.
    >>
    >> ~v~~

    >
    >
    > So, I now have two net stalkers? Go away, child.
    >
    >
    > If you want to meet me face to face that's one thing, but you are
    >showing your sorry ass to people who don't give a damn whether you live
    >or die a slow, lingering death.
    >
    >
    > Ot. that's right. You are just another cowardly troll. Did your
    >mother have any boys, or just whiny little girls, like you.


    No, just whiny little girls like you.

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 14, 2007
    #18
  19. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:25:28 -0700, Robert Baer
    <> wrote:

    > Say what???
    > Where did this OT comment come from, and why not keep it to yourself
    >or post it where it belongs?


    Curious you don't raise your concerns with Michael the Martyr.

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 14, 2007
    #19
  20. Robert Baer

    Lester Zick Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:11:48 -0700, John Larkin
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:42:34 -0700, Lester Zick
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:39:01 -0700, John Larkin
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:15:09 -0500, Kenneth Porter
    >>><> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>John Larkin <> wrote in
    >>>>news::
    >>>>
    >>>>> Do you know anything about electronics? Or, for that matter, anything
    >>>>> about anything else?
    >>>>
    >>>>Please don't feed the trolls.
    >>>>
    >>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    >>>>http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet/
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>I was just curious as to whether he has any actual skills. Likely not.

    >>
    >>Likely more truth than yourself but there it is.
    >>

    >
    >Well, your skills sure don't include English syntax.


    Truth is a universal language.

    ~v~~
     
    Lester Zick, Oct 14, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. why the lucky stiff

    Ruby Patriotism: Python+XML v. Ruby+YAML

    why the lucky stiff, Oct 8, 2003, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    142
    Jim Freeze
    Oct 10, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page