PDB File

Rajeshwaran

Hi,

I have created an application in debug mode. It generates a
corresponding pdb file in VC++ 7. Could somone guide me to understand
the structure of the pdb file and decoding the contents of the pdb
file.

Any info on the above is welcome.

Regards,
Rajeshwaran.A

Ian Collins

Rajeshwaran said:
Hi,

I have created an application in debug mode. It generates a
corresponding pdb file in VC++ 7. Could somone guide me to understand
the structure of the pdb file and decoding the contents of the pdb
file.
Not here, but I'm sure someone on a windows group could.

Walter Roberson

I have created an application in debug mode. It generates a
corresponding pdb file in VC++ 7. Could somone guide me to understand
the structure of the pdb file and decoding the contents of the pdb
file.

If your application is generating a Protein DataBase (PDB) file,
then your application must know the structure of the file it
is creating. Protein DataBase files have a fairly simple file structure.

If your toolset is creating the pdb file then that's a question
about the toolset, not about the C language, and is best answered
in a newsgroup that deals regularily with that toolset.

Vinoj

You can consult the documentation in "Undocumented Windows 2000
Secrets - The Programmers Cookbook", By Sven B. Schreiber AWP,
available in amazon.com or from rapidshare.com.

It contains detailed info of the PDB file format.

Regards,
Vinoj

Author of "Classic Utilities Using Assembly Language", 1995, India.

Tim Prince

Vinoj said:
You can consult the documentation in "Undocumented Windows 2000
Secrets - The Programmers Cookbook", By Sven B. Schreiber AWP,
available in amazon.com or from rapidshare.com.

It contains detailed info of the PDB file format.

Regards,
Vinoj

Author of "Classic Utilities Using Assembly Language", 1995, India.

Interesting. My colleagues have told me some details of current .pdb
format were secret, and until recently not permitted to be used with
full compatibility by other compilers. Don't hold your breath for gcc to
work with it.

CBFalconer

Vinoj wrote: *** and top-posted, fixed ***
You can consult the documentation in "Undocumented Windows 2000
Secrets - The Programmers Cookbook", By Sven B. Schreiber AWP,
available in amazon.com or from rapidshare.com.

It contains detailed info of the PDB file format.

Author of "Classic Utilities Using Assembly Language", 1995, India.

Probably interesting, but unavailable due to lack of URL.

irrelevant material. See the following links: