    an issue of using different encoding in the doc. I tried PyPS with no
    success. I need a lib that can make PDFs with an arbitrary set of fonts
    (possibly embed them into the document). What would you suggest?
    victor, Jul 12, 2006

  2. victor,

    Have you tried Reportlab ( http://www.reportlab.org/rl_toolkit.html )?
    That sounds like what you might need.

    -Nick Vatamaniuc

    Nick Vatamaniuc, Jul 12, 2006

  3. victor wrote:
    > I want to generate a report and the PDF fits perfectly. Though there is
    > an issue of using different encoding in the doc. I tried PyPS with no
    > success. I need a lib that can make PDFs with an arbitrary set of fonts
    > (possibly embed them into the document). What would you suggest?

    I'd suggest generating LaTeX code and using PDFlatex. It's pretty hard to get
    better results from any other tool.

    Stefan
    Stefan Behnel, Jul 12, 2006
  4. victor

    per9000 Guest

    Stefan Behnel wrote:
    > victor wrote:
    > > I want to generate a report and the PDF fits perfectly. Though there is
    > > an issue of using different encoding in the doc. I tried PyPS with no
    > > success. I need a lib that can make PDFs with an arbitrary set of fonts
    > > (possibly embed them into the document). What would you suggest?

    > I'd suggest generating LaTeX code and using PDFlatex. It's pretty hard to get
    > better results from any other tool.
    >
    > Stefan

    I agree that LaTeX is great in most cases - but it is a bit tricky to
    learn if you are not used to it.

    There is something called txt2tags ( http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/ )
    that converts a simple textformat to most other formats (from "text" to
    html, tex, man etc) - I have not tried it fully, it could be nice, but
    it disturbs me that the format is (just a little) different from the
    wiki-format.

    It is written in python and has open source I think.

    /Per - yet another yet-another-fan
    http://www.pererikstrandberg.se
    per9000, Jul 13, 2006