peculiar ViewState corruption problem when clients are FrameWork 1.0

Richard K Bethell

I recently upgraded a web server to FrameWork 1.1. Everything works fine,
but we get email alerts whenever there are errors. Now one that I do not
understand is consistent ViewState problems when someone uses the site with
this in the User Agent string: ".NET CLR 1.0.3705"

Why would the client being a .NET 1.0 enabled browser have an impact on
being a client of ASP.NET 1.1 sites? Shouldn't it be fairly dumb as a
browser client regardless?

Richard

NoOne

Just a heads up, I'm looking at my log and we have people accessing our site
with the User Agent string: ".NET CLR 1.0.3705" and they are succeeding.

MSFT

Hi Richard,

Normally, the .NET framework on client won't impact on the Server side
ASP.NET application. Besides the UserAgent, is there any other feature with
the computers which have the problem? What is the actrual problem?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Richard K Bethell

MSFT said:
Hi Richard,

Normally, the .NET framework on client won't impact on the Server side
ASP.NET application. Besides the UserAgent, is there any other feature with
the computers which have the problem? What is the actrual problem?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

The only other feature of note is that the client computers that manifest
this are all Windows NT 5.1 (XP) running IE6 (which they'd have to have in
order to use the Framework.)

It all happened within a window of time yesterday, shortly after we'd
upgraded the server from 1.0 to 1.1 and put it back online. Within a couple
of hours, it stopped.

R.

MSFT

Is it possible that the problem was related to incorrect cookie? AFter
hours the cookies epxires and the problem disappeared?