per-thread memory mangement techniques for c++...

Discussion in 'C++' started by Chris Thomasson, Mar 3, 2007.

  1. If you have been following the "Is this standard c++..." thread in this
    group, then you may know that I am currently very busy developing a stable
    and robust implementation for my multi-thread memory allocator algorithm.
    You can get some more information on it by reading that particular thread.
    Anyway, here is a link to where I am going to stick all of the example code:

    http://appcore.home.comcast.net/vzoom/malloc/
    (the allocators home page...)

    Here is what I am tinkering around with now wrt per-thread stack memory
    management:

    http://appcore.home.comcast.net/vzoom/malloc/example.cpp
    (simple example code...)

    Can anybody notice any problems right off the bat? I am a hardcore C
    programmer whose C++ skills can be improved upon for sure! IMHO, the task of
    implementing my design in C++ will be well worth it in the long run... I
    personally think this particular high-performance multi-threaded allocator
    algorithm is going to benefit from C++, on the flip side, I also think it
    will be a fairly valuable tool for many different types of C++ applications
    that make use of any sort of concurrency.

    Any thoughts?

    Chris Thomasson, Mar 3, 2007