Performance evaluation

Dasch

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool (library, framework, stand-alone application,
whatever) which can compare the performance of two classfiles.

I'm currently developping a (very) small compiler for java and I'd like to
compare different optimisations.

I heard that JMeter was a very good tool, but it seems to me that it's more
appropriate for a server environment which I don't have (and don't need).

So, could you advise me other performance evaluation tools ?

Thanks in advance,
Dasch