Perl 5 for MS-DOS

Rudi Langhanki

Hello,

I'm trying to run Perl 5 under MS-DOS. Until now I found out that
there are two serious ports of Perl 5 available:

one of Laszlo Molnar. This is a MSDOS/DJGPP port of perl 5.004_02.
The other is Ilya Zakharevich's OS/2 port of Perl.

As I have to use Perl on an MS-DOS machine with the following
config.sys, I'm not sure which of the both Perls is better suited for
me:

config.sys:
----------
DEVICE=a:\himem.sys /int15=4096 /testmem:eek:ff
DEVICE=a:\emm386.exe noems x=C000-D1FF
DOS=HIGH,UMB
BREAK=ON
FILES=69
BUFFERS=10
LASTDRIVE=Z
SHELL=a:\command.com /E:2048 /P
DEVICEHIGH=a:\setver.exe

I read the instructions of both and as it is quiet a lot of work to
set-up a running system I decided not just to try the installation but
ask the newsgroup if there exist a more detailed installation
instruction for theese Perl ports, or even another (better?) Perl port
for MS-DOS.

Thank you for any help or advice ...
(except those advices that I should better use another language or OS
or ...).

I look forward to hear from one of you
Rudi