Perl and Oracle, deferred constraints stopped working in new version

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Kjetil Skotheim, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. A question on Perl and Oracle:

    We're having trouble with alter session set constraints=deferred
    through perl after some major upgrades on OS and perl on our server.
    It used to work, but not anymore. That is: it still works perfecly
    well through sqlplus. Using precicely the same update's in the same
    order.

    Deferred constraints is a mechanism in oracle that makes is possible
    to postpone the foreign and unique keys control until commit instead
    of immediately after each update/insert/delete.

    I'm using DBI.pm indirectly via sub ora_do in Oraperl.pm due to
    a local legacy library.

    Oraperl version is 1.43
    DBI version is 1.39
    DBD::Oracle is 1.14
    perl -v says 5.8.0
    Oracle client (for both DBD::Oracle and sqlplus) I think is 8.1.7
    Oracle server is 8.1.7.4.0

    Good answers would be greatly appreciated.

    --
    Kjetil Skotheim

    Kjetil Skotheim, Jun 16, 2004