    I have a very strange problem with one of my scripts. I have script that uses Net::SMTP, and the server I was using is not working anymore, so I am trying to find a secure way to send it. I found a couple of ways, but our provider will not allow those installed because a C Compler must be installed. So I am forced to look elsewhere.

    Anyway, we have an .asp script that uses SSL Authentication, and I would like to use that in my Perl Script. Is there a way to 'call' the asp script from the perl script? I see there is PerlScript, but that is mainly used for, it looks like, with asp, and, I think, I need to download another version of ActivePerl.

    Can anyone help with this? My perl script is over 2000 lines, and right now rewriting it would be too time consuming. We need a short-term solution,until I can write a long-term solution.
    Joe, Nov 17, 2011

  2. Joe

    ccc31807 Guest

    On Nov 17, 2:50 pm, Joe <> wrote:
    > Anyway, we have an .asp script that uses SSL Authentication, and I would like to use that in my Perl Script.  Is there a way to 'call' the asp script from the perl script?  I see there is PerlScript, but that is mainly used for, it looks like, with asp, and, I think, I need to download anotherversion of ActivePerl.

    Use system() and exec() to call external scripts, in my case pscp and
    the like. If you can execute an external command (like your ASP
    script) you might try this idiom:

    my $error_code = 0;
    my $command = 'myaspscript.asp param1 param2 param3';
    $error_code = system($command);
    warn "Error running ASP script, $error_code\n" if $error_code != 0;

    CC.
    ccc31807, Nov 17, 2011