    --
    Regards,
    Robin

    Robin, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Robin

    gnari Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message
    news:bupkgh$674$...
    > I have a hosting co. that won't let me install new perl modules, anyway I
    > could still run the modules...? Put them in the same dir as my script?

    this is a .... you guessed it ! ... FAQ

    to be precise:
    perldoc -q "How do I keep my own module/library directory?"

    hope,
    gnari
    gnari, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Robin

    Uri Guttman Guest

    R> I have a hosting co. that won't let me install new perl modules,
    R> anyway I could still run the modules...? Put them in the same dir
    R> as my script?

    FAQ. did you read the ENTIRE FAQ as i told you to do? nooooo!! you have
    to ignore good advice all the time and get spoon fed.

    now read the goddamned FAQ as it was written for YOU in mind. do you get
    it? you ask questions the others ask FREQUENTLY!! ever realize that? the
    name FAQ HAS A MEANING. these questions are asked OVER and OVER by every
    newbie that learns perl. you are no exception.

    now read the FAQ. i request others stop responding to robin until she
    has shown us she has read the whole FAQ (and i mean the WHOLE thing). we
    should have a quiz for her before we answer anything else.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Uri Guttman <> wrote in

    > R> I have a hosting co. that won't let me install new perl modules,
    > R> anyway I could still run the modules...? Put them in the same dir
    > R> as my script?
    >
    > FAQ. did you read the ENTIRE FAQ as i told you to do? nooooo!! you have
    > to ignore good advice all the time and get spoon fed.

    > now read the FAQ. i request others stop responding to robin until she
    > has shown us she has read the whole FAQ (and i mean the WHOLE thing).
    > we should have a quiz for her before we answer anything else.

    What do you say we put together a web site for that purpose? :))

    --
    A. Sinan Unur
    A. Sinan Unur, Jan 23, 2004
  5. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "Uri Guttman" <> wrote in message

    > R> I have a hosting co. that won't let me install new perl modules,
    > R> anyway I could still run the modules...? Put them in the same dir
    > R> as my script?
    >
    > FAQ. did you read the ENTIRE FAQ as i told you to do? nooooo!! you have
    > to ignore good advice all the time and get spoon fed.
    >
    > now read the goddamned FAQ as it was written for YOU in mind. do you get
    > it? you ask questions the others ask FREQUENTLY!! ever realize that? the
    > name FAQ HAS A MEANING. these questions are asked OVER and OVER by every
    > newbie that learns perl. you are no exception.
    >
    > now read the FAQ. i request others stop responding to robin until she
    > has shown us she has read the whole FAQ (and i mean the WHOLE thing). we
    > should have a quiz for her before we answer anything else.

    I don't really have time, it's not a she, I'm on perlfaq2 now...peace,
    -Robin
    Robin, Jan 23, 2004
  6. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "A. Sinan Unur" <> wrote in message
    > Uri Guttman <> wrote in

    > > R> I have a hosting co. that won't let me install new perl modules,
    > > R> anyway I could still run the modules...? Put them in the same dir
    > > R> as my script?
    > >
    > > FAQ. did you read the ENTIRE FAQ as i told you to do? nooooo!! you have
    > > to ignore good advice all the time and get spoon fed.

    > > now read the FAQ. i request others stop responding to robin until she
    > > has shown us she has read the whole FAQ (and i mean the WHOLE thing).
    > > we should have a quiz for her before we answer anything else.

    > What do you say we put together a web site for that purpose? :))

    haha...
    --Robin
    Robin, Jan 23, 2004
  7. Robin

    Robin Guest

    > this is a .... you guessed it ! ... FAQ
    >
    > to be precise:
    > perldoc -q "How do I keep my own module/library directory?"

    Thanks for that -q option... peace...
    -Robin
    Robin, Jan 23, 2004
  8. Robin

    Helgi Briem Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:22:45 GMT, Uri Guttman <>
    wrote:

    > R> I have a hosting co. that won't let me install new perl modules,
    > R> anyway I could still run the modules...? Put them in the same dir
    > R> as my script?
    >
    >FAQ. did you read the ENTIRE FAQ as i told you to do? nooooo!! you have
    >to ignore good advice all the time and get spoon fed.
    >
    >now read the goddamned FAQ as it was written for YOU in mind. do you get
    >it? you ask questions the others ask FREQUENTLY!! ever realize that? the
    >name FAQ HAS A MEANING. these questions are asked OVER and OVER by every
    >newbie that learns perl. you are no exception.
    >
    >now read the FAQ. i request others stop responding to robin until she
    >has shown us she has read the whole FAQ (and i mean the WHOLE thing). we
    >should have a quiz for her before we answer anything else.

    Uri, did you suddenly find your Shift button? ;-)
    Helgi Briem, Jan 23, 2004
  9. Robin

    Uri Guttman Guest

    HB> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:22:45 GMT, Uri Guttman <>
    HB> wrote:

    >> now read the goddamned FAQ as it was written for YOU in mind. do you get
    >> it? you ask questions the others ask FREQUENTLY!! ever realize that? the
    >> name FAQ HAS A MEANING. these questions are asked OVER and OVER by every
    >> newbie that learns perl. you are no exception.

    HB> Uri, did you suddenly find your Shift button? ;-)

    nah, it is enabled when i post to the clueless. consider it a LART
    action.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jan 23, 2004