    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    , Jun 14, 2007

  2. Ian Wilson Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm having trouble with perl system call. The system call calls
    > ntbackup.exe , the windows inbuilt utiility but the system errors out
    > by saying cannot find ntbackup.exe even after giving the full path.
    > I'm using windows 2003 server with Perl 5.8
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    This script works fine on my Windows XP PC:

    #!perl
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    my $args = 'ntbackup.exe';
    system ($args) == 0
    or die "system '$args' failed - $?";

    What happens if you cut & paste (do not retype) the above into notepad,
    save as tb.pl on your 2003 server and, from a command prompt type `perl
    tb.pl`?

    Cut & paste the script, the command line and any error message back into
    a posting here.

    Have you read `perldoc -f system`?

    Ian Wilson, Jun 15, 2007