Perl system call fails under windows 2003 server

rahulkats

Hi,

I'm having trouble with perl system call. The system call calls
ntbackup.exe , the windows inbuilt utiility but the system errors out
by saying cannot find ntbackup.exe even after giving the full path.
I'm using windows 2003 server with Perl 5.8

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ian Wilson

Hi,

I'm having trouble with perl system call. The system call calls
ntbackup.exe , the windows inbuilt utiility but the system errors out
by saying cannot find ntbackup.exe even after giving the full path.
I'm using windows 2003 server with Perl 5.8

Any suggestions?

This script works fine on my Windows XP PC:

#!perl
use strict;
use warnings;
my $args = 'ntbackup.exe';
system ($args) == 0
or die "system '$args' failed - $?";

What happens if you cut & paste (do not retype) the above into notepad,
save as tb.pl on your 2003 server and, from a command prompt type `perl
tb.pl`?

Cut & paste the script, the command line and any error message back into
a posting here.

Have you read `perldoc -f system`?