Permission denied error 2nd Post

Taishi

New user of SQL
Everything is on the same machine
My error is close to the bottom
After reading it today, I can see there is a problem with 2 dbases
'PUBS' and 'Master'
There are also some comments from the group:
---microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc-- subject: Permission Denied -- Thanks
for help guys

I was able to find a trial version of the Enterprise Manager.

It was suggested to make the post over in dotnet.framework. I am new to
SQL. I can see the following in the MSDE manager:

sql server(my machine name\??SDK)
after I right click on 'PUBS'
---Users/Roles/Public
---public
---machine_name\aspnet
---guest

guest is the only one with 5 check marks going across from left to right for
the following:
Create Table, Create View, Create SP, Create Default, Create Rule

the following 3 are blank:
Create Function, Backup DB, and Backup Log

public has just 1 check mark on
Create SP

machine_name\aspnet is blank from left to right.

CREATE DBASE right is not displayed.

How can I solve my Permission denied error problem?

Thanks for the help,
Taishi

---Comments---
Hi Tashi!

You can ue Enterprise manager to set the rights. Locate the table, and right
click. Select All Tasks, then Manage Permissions. Locate the user that you
are using in your connection object, and then grant the rights. I agree with
Greg that the web user should not normally have that level of permission.
One false move and your server and data could be toast. If you are really
trying to create a table, or attach a database, you should be doing that
through Enterprise Manager, and not the web interface.

Sloan

Taishi

Hello! Ken:

I posted that website on my other posting(Permission Denied). I will do
some more research and investigating but you told me that I had to install
it on a ASP.net web server???? I am a uninitiated, so I'm trying to grasp
the concept.

Hi Tashi!

You'll have to install it on a local ASP.net web server, and then use your
browser to go to the site.

Sloan

Taishi