Permission denied problem. please help me

Guest

Hi All,

I am trying to download the file from network machine (under same domain). I
am using below link page code to impersonate.

http://www.netomatix.com/ImpersonateUser.aspx

I can able to impersonate the user, when i try to download the file, its
says "unknown user name and password". I given full permission to domain
user. but the same time when i provied the user name and deails on webconfig
file like below, its allowing me to download.

<identity impersonate="true" userName="mydomain\bala" password="password" />

I dont know where the problem is. Can anyone please give me idea to resolve
this.
I am trying to fix this problem past 3 days.

below is the complete code i am using...

i am getting error on response.writefile. This is the error message

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
exception Details: System.IO.IOException: Logon failure: unknown user name
or bad password.

code:
System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim impContext As WindowsImpersonationContext = Nothing
Try
impContext = NetworkSecurity.ImpersonateUser("mydomain",
"bala", "password", LogonType.LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK,
LogonProvider.LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT)
Catch ex As ApplicationException
impContext.Undo()
Response.Write(ex.Message)
End Try
If Not (Nothing Is impContext) Then
Try
Catch ex As Exception
Response.Write(ex.Message)
Finally
impContext.Undo()
If Page.IsPostBack Then
Dim spath As String
spath = "\\laptop02\temp\test.pdf"
'DownloadFile(spath, True)
Dim path1 As String = spath
Dim name As String = Path.GetFileName(path1)

Dim ext As String = Path.GetExtension(path1)
Dim type As String = ""
If Not (ext Is Nothing) Then
Select Case ext.ToLower
Case ".htm", ".html"
type = "text/HTML"
' break
Case ".txt"
type = "text/plain"
' break
Case ".doc", ".rtf"
type = "Application/msword"
' break
Case ".pdf"
type = "Application/pdf"
End Select
End If
'If forceDownload Then
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition",
"attachment; filename = " & name)
'End If
If Not (type = "") Then
Response.ContentType = type
End If
Response.WriteFile(path1)
Response.End()

End If
End Try
End If
End Sub

thanks
bala

Guest

Hi Brock,

Thanks for the reply. The user name which i am using is under the same
DOMAIN.

Are you mentioning the same domain user or local user for that machine?

Thanks
bala

Brock Allen

Thanks for the reply. The user name which i am using is under the same

Ok, that shouldn't matter with delegation.
Are you mentioning the same domain user or local user for that
machine?

For delegation you'll have to be using kerb. The username doesn't matter,
the important thing is to configure the server to be trusted for delegation.

Guest

Hi Brock,

Using this below link code i can able to impersonate the user on my domain
user account. From my locl machine IIS i can able to download the other
machine file, like below path.
("AnotherNetworkMachine\temp\ss.pdf")

But when i place this code my server, the impersonate is doing succuss, but
its taking too much time to download and finally it says page cannot be
displayed error.

any idea.

bala

http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/1572.aspx

Guest

Hi Brock,

If i create a local account on webserver and same username and password for
network machine to local, In this point can i able to download the file?

thanks
bala

Guest

sorry. when i run the application on same domain its download the file. but
from outside i am getting error. so that wont work.

bala

Paul Clement

¤ Hi Brock,
¤
¤ If i create a local account on webserver and same username and password for
¤ network machine to local, In this point can i able to download the file?
¤

As Brock was indicating, you need to delegate credentials which requires Kerberos if your web
application is configured for Integrated Windows Security.

How to configure an ASP.NET application for a delegation scenario
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810572

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)